EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

I just got into this fascinating hobby.  Just redid a couple of radios I grew up with - a Majestic 1941, and Philco Model14 - 1933, chassis only. Now working on a Philco 96, 1930.  I decided I needed a real radio and found a Scott 16 in an Acousticraft cabinet.  It's not in the greatest shape as there is a fair amount of chrome damage and it is missing a few parts.  The receiver, power supply and speaker are intact and fairly unmolested, but I need knobs, the large dial pointer and a replacement plastic dial cover.  Are there reproductions of these parts?  Or, in particular, does anyone have a pointer they might want to sell?  I guess I can live with non original knobs and I think I could vacuum form a new dial cover.  I couldn't find anything at Radio Daze.

This project will be on the back burner for awhile, especially as I research dealing with the rust areas in the chrome.  Not sure I want to completely strip the chassis and have it re-plated.  I guess it depends on what it's value might be completely restored.

I've done a little research on the 16 in the forum's archives.  I'm not really sure of what I've got. I don't know how popular the 16 was or how it performed compared to the other Scott models.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Views: 1015

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The tube shields are aluminum so I they will polish up.  It's the coil shields that are chromed aluminum.  They have some bubbles in the chrome that I was hoping to get rid of.  I just don't dare take the chance getting them re-chromed with the aluminum being so thin.  Someone would really have to know what they were doing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service