EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

As most of you know, I've been gathering and analyzing Scott serial numbers for over 20 years. I have a couple requests....first, if you haven't sent me your serial numbers, please do. Also...if any of you have a confirmed date for a set/serial number, please send me that. There is a warranty tag on ebay at the moment, these are great, since they have the date and serial number on them. A letter with a date is also good confirmation. I would greatly appreciate any info you fellows can provide. I'll post more about serial numbers here in the future.

Kent

Views: 5995

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kent,

I have a Phantom that is serial number PP-170. I picked it up in Charlotte last month from a couple of guys from West Va. This is my first Scott. It is in an Acousticraft cabinet and has had the power transformer replaced sometime in its past.

Barry
Thanks....glad to get another serial number.

Kent
Hello Kent,
Just aquired Scott AW23 in Olympia cabinet (pictures on board) and it has serial z-252
Thanks.
Eric
Thanks Eric! That is a great find. I had Z-251 and Z-253....finding Z-252 makes 3 consecutive serial numbers, the only place where I have 3 in a row...

Kent

eric a sanders said:
Hello Kent,
Just aquired Scott AW23 in Olympia cabinet (pictures on board) and it has serial z-252
Thanks.
Eric
I have a Scott Allwave 12 DeLuxe w/AVC, I purchased used in Winnetka, Illinois in 1960. Its serial # is B190.
Thanks....this was one we didn't have...fits the series as expected.

Mal Fuller said:
I have a Scott Allwave 12 DeLuxe w/AVC, I purchased used in Winnetka, Illinois in 1960. Its serial # is B190.
Good luck with your serial number project. I'm looking forward to any data you end up sharing.
I'd have been alarmed had you received my Scott's serial number since I've owned it for 50 years!
Hi Kent,
We have a 2nd Scott radio here at home, in an upstairs bedroom. (Out of sight, out of mind, especially my mind.) In any event, it is an SLR-12B and its serial # is 646. Thanks for your efforts.
Thanks...I do not have many numbers for the military/WW-II sets...not enough to draw any conclusions. I'll add this to my list.

Mal Fuller said:
Hi Kent,
We have a 2nd Scott radio here at home, in an upstairs bedroom. (Out of sight, out of mind, especially my mind.) In any event, it is an SLR-12B and its serial # is 646. Thanks for your efforts.
Hi Kent

I have two dates. My AW 12 Deluxe, serial number N 131, is dated May 20, 1933 and was owned by Louis M, Wilcox of Dayton,Ohio. The other date is from a Scott registration paper, with a date of Oct 18, 1936, stating that a Scott receiver with the serial number of T-639 belonged to a Walter C. Caldwell. I acquired a Scott 7 knob AW-23 tuner chassis, off of ebay last year, and you may or may not have this serial number recorded but it's Z-507. This is all that I can contribute at the moment.

Mike
Michael -

Thanks! I had all this info except for the date on the T prefix set. I really appreciate that, dates are a huge help with this.

Kent

Michael Feldt said:
Hi Kent

I have two dates. My AW 12 Deluxe, serial number N 131, is dated May 20, 1933 and was owned by Louis M, Wilcox of Dayton,Ohio. The other date is from a Scott registration paper, with a date of Oct 18, 1936, stating that a Scott receiver with the serial number of T-639 belonged to a Walter C. Caldwell. I acquired a Scott 7 knob AW-23 tuner chassis, off of ebay last year, and you may or may not have this serial number recorded but it's Z-507. This is all that I can contribute at the moment.

Mike
I have a Scott Allwave 15 in a Tasman cabinet. No provenance, but the serial # is F-268...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service