EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

I never would have known this but apparently this Nine in Line is a Scott

These are the only two pictures I have at the moment

Is this a Scott?

And can someone help determine a value / selling price?  We are assisting a family with selling a collection.

Thanks

Art

Views: 97

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nine-in-Line is another brand, not Scott.

Scott 1920's superhet's were kits, not necessarily sold by Scott himself.  An engraved panel, if any, would say "World's Record Super..." and then say  Eight, Nine or Ten tube depending on the design. There were companies in the 1920's who sold engraved panels for the various designs including Scott. Some examples lack an engraved a panel however. This was the era where a home builder might buy his own parts to follow the Scott design described in a radio article in a magazine such as Citizen's Radio Callbook.

Some builders did not use a Scott engraved panel, so look for other indicators - and consider buying the new Scott Collectors Guide 2nd Edition (Disclosure, I am a co-author along with Jim Clark and Kent King).

Look for "SELECTONE"' I.F. transformers (they look like Remler IF transformers - square or cylindrical version).

Note: the earliest Scott kits did use Remler IF transformers, before Scott began making his own under the Selectone name. Others also assembled kits using the Scott circuit, and so there are some variations using other brand parts, such as the audio output transformers.

Scott kit circuits used 2 iron core and 2 air core transformers. Others kit superheats like the "Gerald Best" superhets, used 3 and 1 rather than 2 and 2.

Thanks

Going from memory, the Nine-in-line was a product of Boulder Radio Corporation.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service