EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

My hunt is now on for knobs. This Phantom came with mixed incorrect plastic knobs. Can anyone post a pic of what all the correct knobs should look like? Thanks,

Pat 

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep. Walnut with set screws. With embossed letter "S". Known as Scott "S" knobs. 

These are used from about 1939 to early 1942: Phantom, Phantom Deluxe, Super 12, Masterpiece and Laureate.

Also starting sometime 1941 on the Philharmonic. Phantom compliment thus:

Two Pinch 

Four round

one large round, fast turning, with larger center hole.

one shallow round on top of the fast tuning knob.

Attachments:

Phantom Deluxe. Does have an additional noise limiter knob below the tuning knob.

Attachments:

Thanks, David. That's exactly what I needed.

David, I hope you don't mind, but I used your pic on ARF.

Pat,

Big River Hardware makes reproductions of the pinch and shallow round knobs; I bought the pinch knobs and they are a very nice! I believe they use a laser to make them...

I saw those. As a last resort, though. I'm having a hard time justifying around $400 just for knobs.

Yeah, I hear you. I bought a couple...if you're buying a whole set, it gets very pricey very fast. But if you only need one or two, it's palatable to pay the cost. 

I can supply an original larger walnut round faster tuning knob and a nice plastic repo shallow tuning knob with set screw to go with the larger tuning knob. Contact me if interested.

I do not any others for sale.

I need both of those! I sent you a friend request so I can give you mailing info. Thanks.

David C. Poland said:

I can supply an original larger walnut round faster tuning knob and a nice plastic repo shallow tuning knob with set screw to go with the larger tuning knob. Contact me if interested.

I do not any others for sale.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service