EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

As most of you know, I've been gathering and analyzing Scott serial numbers for over 20 years. I have a couple requests....first, if you haven't sent me your serial numbers, please do. Also...if any of you have a confirmed date for a set/serial number, please send me that. There is a warranty tag on ebay at the moment, these are great, since they have the date and serial number on them. A letter with a date is also good confirmation. I would greatly appreciate any info you fellows can provide. I'll post more about serial numbers here in the future.

Kent

Views: 15471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Allwave 23 with S/N: L-477

Very nice - thanks, new number!

Kent

Kent,

Any guesses on build date?

Kent King said:

Very nice - thanks, new number!

Kent

I don't have any dates to work from in the L prefix - so I can't say for sure. The fact it is an early AW23 makes it very likely a 1935 set, by 1936, they were largely building the 7-knob version. Sorry I don't have more.

Kent

My Scott Philarmonic have serial number RR-241 . Alberto.  Villa Elisa. BA. Argentina

RR-236 Beam of Light Philharmonic

Attached is a photo of the serial number plate and a scan of a poor copy of a letter from EH Scott to the original owner, that I knew.

Attachments:

I also have a Scott SLRM Marine AC/DC receiver, but don't see a serial number on it.

I only track the pre-war sets, thanks!

The SLRM is a great "user" set to listen to!

Fred Reiselt said:

I also have a Scott SLRM Marine AC/DC receiver, but don't see a serial number on it.

Thank you, a new number and an associated date is a great addition to the data. 

Kent

Fred Reiselt said:

RR-236 Beam of Light Philharmonic

Attached is a photo of the serial number plate and a scan of a poor copy of a letter from EH Scott to the original owner, that I knew.

Hello. I thought I would join your group because yesterday I rescued this Scott that someone put out for the trash. I probably shouldn't have but I plugged it in and it powers on, light comes on, could only get static but I could tell when it was trying to tune in a station. Unplugged for know until I research where to start as I would love to have it in my home. Serial # B-484. I included some pics. It appears to be 100 percent intact.

Kevin

Attachments:

Wow!!!  Put out for the trash?!?!   

Welcome!  

KEVIN LUZADER said:

Hello. I thought I would join your group because yesterday I rescued this Scott that someone put out for the trash. I probably shouldn't have but I plugged it in and it powers on, light comes on, could only get static but I could tell when it was trying to tune in a station. Unplugged for know until I research where to start as I would love to have it in my home. Serial # B-484. I included some pics. It appears to be 100 percent intact.

Kevin

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service