EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

As most of you know, I've been gathering and analyzing Scott serial numbers for over 20 years. I have a couple requests....first, if you haven't sent me your serial numbers, please do. Also...if any of you have a confirmed date for a set/serial number, please send me that. There is a warranty tag on ebay at the moment, these are great, since they have the date and serial number on them. A letter with a date is also good confirmation. I would greatly appreciate any info you fellows can provide. I'll post more about serial numbers here in the future.

Kent

Views: 15471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, Kent, I now understand.  Getting to the serial number of my Scott Alwave 12 DeLuxe w/AVC would be a big hassle for me.  Do you have handy access to the serial # of my radio?  If not, don't waste your time.

Kent King said:

Mal -

The numbers only apply within each prefix. Certainly the higher numbers mean a later set, but the numbers do not "line up" based on the prefix. We can only say something about a set within the letter prefix.

Kent

Mal Fuller said:

That's real close to my All Wave 12 DeLuxe (with AVC) if my memory serves me right, mine's 299.  Is that right, Kent?

Corby Dawson said:

Hi Kent,

My AW 12 S/N is S240

Does that tell you anything?

Corby

I don't keep names attached to sets for privacy reasons. Some folks are hesitant to give me serial numbers...they don't want the sets tracked. So I don't keep names with the numbers I get. Also, sets move around...I get a lot of repeats as a set is sold. Sorry....

Kent

I know that when I sent the serial number to you, you said it was one that you didn't have.  That was no surprise to me since I've owned the radio since I bought it from its original owner in 1960.  The number is probably in my computer here somewhere.  I tried looking back in this thread, but the thread either doesn't go back that far or I didn't send you the serial number via this forum.  There seems to be no search function featured on this forum.  

I found it back in this thread.....B-190. So a different prefix than Corby's. I have several higher serial numbers in the B prefix too.

The ning site doesn't really provide us the right forum for radio discussions...and its not cheap. I've been looking for alternatives.

Kent

Mal Fuller said:

I know that when I sent the serial number to you, you said it was one that you didn't have.  That was no surprise to me since I've owned the radio since I bought it from its original owner in 1960.  The number is probably in my computer here somewhere.  I tried looking back in this thread, but the thread either doesn't go back that far or I didn't send you the serial number via this forum.  There seems to be no search function featured on this forum.  

Thanks Kent.  That was certainly above and beyond the call of duty.  

Well, I can still remember my SS#.....I think.

Mal

Serial Number N-442 on the AW15 I just picked up in Michigan.It was supposed to be owned by a Dr in the Grand Rapids area, and was purchased recently at an Estate sale. Seems to have been updated as it's a nice player.

Thanks Bruce....that number was very helpful.

Hi,

I just picked up an AW 12 today, the serial # is X 190. I recently sold an AW 15.

Mike

Oops, let me make a correction, the number is X190.

Mike

Scott Phantom DeLux in Braemar cabinet on E-bay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scott-Phantom-Deluxe-Braemar-Cabinet-/19069...) with s/n AA-475 and hand written year - 1939.

Kent,
My set appears to be a Philharmonic in the Buckingham cabinet. I believe it was originally purchased in 1941. I may know more when I get an update from the former owner. I have posted pictures here. The SN is XX136.
Thanks for taking the time to compile the data.

Ken - Thanks...that serial number helped a lot, it narrowed a gap between the XX Philharmonic sets and the XX prefix Phantom sets. Not often I get a new number that is significant to the analysis.

Kent

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service