EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

Hello All,

I have a Scott receiver which I think is a SLR-12A, based on an ad that I have seen.  The data plate is missing on mine, but the front panel layout looks like the SLR-12A, including the location that the data plate should have been, under the tuning eye.

The radio cabinet has a fine coat of rust, but nothing crusty.  My question is regarding its value.  I have someone who has interest in it but they are not willing to make an offer, and I have no idea as to value.  I dragged it home many years ago as a rescue, and I doubt I will ever get to restoring it.

Any suggestions on a fair value?  Maybe I can put the few dollars I get for it into restoring my Phantom, which needs knobs, an IF, and some other items.

Thanks,

David W.

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David:

I have seen Scott SLR-12A and similar Scott receivers change hands for as little as "free" for complete and in need of full restoration to as much as around $350.00 for near mint original working examples.  Shipping cost is often a big factor in the price realized for a Scott military receiver.  If shipping is not a factor, I would expect a complete receiver with a good dial scale (not reproduced) needing full restoration to have a value of around $100.00.  I may have an SLR-12 tag available for your radio.

Norman

Hello Norman,

Thanks for the reply!  This was going to be a come and get it deal but it looks like it is a no go now.  Someone was looking for a winter project on the Antique Radio Forum.  I would be interested in getting a tag for the radio, regardless if I restore it, or someone else, I do want the radio to be saved.  Please let me know if you do have it, and what you need for it sir.

I have a radio here that you had interest in, a Robertson Davis super-het console.  I picked it up from a friend in PA a few months ago.  I think you made some comments regarding this set on the ARF thread.

Again, thanks for the reply, and help sir.

R,

David

David:

I have a worn tag for a Scott SLR-12B with hole centers at 2-3/4" x a little under 1-3/4". E-mail me with an address - Braithwaites at SBCGlobal dot net - if interested and I will pop it in an envelope and mail it. No charge. I also have the license tag from the rear apron of the chassis. Same deal if interested.

Norman

Norman,

That is the size of my missing plate.  On my radio the plate was removed, and all the screws where re-installed.  I sent you an email.

Thanks,

David

Norman,

The data plate arrived today.  I have already installed it on the radio.

Many thanks,

David

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service