EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Warwick Grande.   A friend of mine found same cabinet in Queens NY at the house of one of the Polaroid heirs.  We ended up shipping it out to a collector in CA. 

It's no secret that I have that cabinet.  It was originally used as an extension speaker cabinet but since I received the cabinet sans speakers I have an AW-27 in it.

Norman 

This is "as found" condition.  Norman, are there any other known examples?

Yes, I have the paperwork and am aware of the original speaker complement.  There is one other example in collector captivity that I know of and that is the one that Rudy Vallee gave to one of his assistants and is also documented in Puett's Classic Radio Collectors Newsletter.  That one allegedly housed an Allwave 19.

Norman 

I was just showing the paperwork and speakers for others who might be interested as I know you have the paperwork. 

I would have at least kept the speakers for myself, but my hands were tied on that deal. 

Look at the top of the cabinet I posted and look at Norm's, the top on the one I posted is taller and the carvings on the top sides is different. This radio cabinet is one of these two cabinets mentioned in this story, that's why it a little different.

Attachments:

Yes, the Joe Halser set has recording and playback equipment in the top compartment.  This equipment required more headroom than the phonograph only models.

Norman 

There is no reason to believe that the cabinet in Joe Halser's collection is one of the two referenced in the news clipping.  The recording equipment included with the AW-27 requiring the greater headroom was not being used by EH Scott Radio Laboratories in late 1934/early 1935 when Rudy Vallee's cabinets were built.

Norman

David Wilson said:

Look at the top of the cabinet I posted and look at Norm's, the top on the one I posted is taller and the carvings on the top sides is different. This radio cabinet is one of these two cabinets mentioned in this story, that's why it a little different.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service