EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

Scott Seickel's Discussions (439)

Discussions Replied To (420) Replies Latest Activity

"Kent wrote:  "About the dial in the ad...Scott reused images, sometimes for years. T…"

Scott Seickel replied Mar 14, 2019 to Philharmonic (and others): What styles of knobs used and when? (plastic, wood, pinch, metal, etc.)

30 Apr 8, 2019
Reply by David Willenborg

"Thanks David P.  This is interesting.  I have a Philharmonic with a capacitor stamp…"

Scott Seickel replied Mar 12, 2019 to Philharmonic (and others): What styles of knobs used and when? (plastic, wood, pinch, metal, etc.)

30 Apr 8, 2019

"Ken, you are welcome.  Dave, you make some great points with those advertising pict…"

Scott Seickel replied Mar 11, 2019 to Philharmonic (and others): What styles of knobs used and when? (plastic, wood, pinch, metal, etc.)

30 Apr 8, 2019

"Dave wrote: "Some say a few Philharmonics had the wood "S" knob set, but I have neve…"

Scott Seickel replied Mar 11, 2019 to Philharmonic (and others): What styles of knobs used and when? (plastic, wood, pinch, metal, etc.)

30 Apr 8, 2019

"Ken,  seeing as though you have one original knob and it is the round plastic, it is…"

Scott Seickel replied Mar 10, 2019 to Philharmonic (and others): What styles of knobs used and when? (plastic, wood, pinch, metal, etc.)

30 Apr 8, 2019

"Plastic was used on the early dial pointers, and yes, the flippers were used on them…"

Scott Seickel replied Mar 10, 2019 to Philharmonic (and others): What styles of knobs used and when? (plastic, wood, pinch, metal, etc.)

30 Apr 8, 2019

"Very resourceful Mike, as usual.  The original spring was bronze.  I have a set that…"

Scott Seickel replied Jan 11, 2019 to philharmionic bezel spring

18 Apr 10, 2021
Reply by Scott Dickson

"That looks good Mike.  The primary green is a bit dark, but I like the way the white…"

Scott Seickel replied Jan 10, 2019 to Philharmonic Green Dial Back

23 Jan 10, 2019
Reply by David C. Poland

"I sanded my one dial with 800 grit and it cleaned it up a bit.  Got rid of most of t…"

23 Jan 10, 2019
Reply by David C. Poland

"David, wet sand the phenolic dial with 1000 to 1500 grit sandpaper.  That will remo…"

23 Jan 10, 2019
Reply by David C. Poland

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service