EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

Today I unsoldered each wire from the Cinch Jones 12-pin plug and documented the size and color of each wire that was used. Here are those results:

E H Scott 800B 12-wire Cable

Uses Cinch-Jones 12-pin Plug P-312-CCT

Pin #   Color             AWG

1        Whi               20

2        Whi Grn        20

3        Whi Blu         20

4        Whi               20

5        Whi Blk         20

6        Whi Orn        20

7        Whi Brn        18

8        Yel                20       Shielded, shield grounds only inside tuner chassis.

9        Whi               20

10       Whi Brn        18 (Late may be 16AWG)

11       Whi               20       Shielded, shield grounds only inside tuner chassis

12       Whi Brn        20

No. 8 may be White

No. 10 was a much larger wire on the Late (S/N 2000 & up) model.

No. 11 may be Brn or Red

As mentioned on No. 8 and No. 11, the shield braid of these leads stops short of the pin associated with the wire inside the plug cover. There is not a ground pin provided to attach the braided shield to in the 12-pin plug.  The shield grounds are only grounded inside the radio tuner chassis for this cable.

With the wire size and colors documented, I cut a piece of heat shrink sleeving and slid it over the wires all the way to the hole in the chassis that they pass through. I used a hair drier to shrink the heat shrink tubing so that about 1/2 its length was inside the chassis and the rest outside the chassis. I then slid a new 1/2 inch grommet up over the wires to the chassis hole. I am waiting for the brown expandable sleeving to be applied before I put the grommet in place in the chassis hole.

Joe

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a picture of the 12-wire cable from the 800B radio tuner chassis to the power supply chassis with the heat shrink tubing added in the chassis hole and the new 1/2 inch grommet waiting for the expandable sleeving to be applied. Not shown is a steel metal band around the outside of the cable inside the chassis. This may have been applied as a strain relief. Some of the OEM protective braid is still there.

Joe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service