EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

Hi All: I have posted about this set when I got it in 2015, and have some additional questions/information about it.
This appears to be an in-between version from the 5 knob set to the 7 knob set, in that it has the 2 antenna posts and the new antenna coupling system, but is a 5 knob set. The chassis has been much modified, and the chrome is in rough shape, so it would never be a display piece. I have been doing some work on it the last few days, and coming up with some questions, and figuring out what I would need to do to restore it electrically. Is there an available schematic for this? I can compare it with my current allwave 23, since it looks like most of the circuitry is the same or close enough. The good news is that aside from the modifications, most of the set is intact, and replacing the caps and some of the wiring that has deteriorated or been clipped off would be easy. I recapped my current 23, serial #K480, when I got it.
I do not have the power supply or speaker for this.
I was given an approximate production date when I posted the serial # in 2015.
I have also gained some insight into how it was built, all wiring first and components added next, and since I have done a lot of construction and repair over the years, this makes repair much easier.
Any other information anyone could add as to rarity or anything else would be appreciated. It may at some point play again.
Thanks
Thom

Views: 1035

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bruce: do you still have the power supply and speaker?  Let me know how much you want. Don’t need tubes, I have those.  

Thomas Day said:

Bruce. My email is thom@dayscott.com or thomday6700@comcast.net. Let me know how much. 

Thomas Day said:

Bruce, email is thomday6700@comcast.net. Thanks

bruce edward said:

hi Thomas, I have a scott allwave 23 speaker(needs recone) and a scott allwave 23 amplifier chassis.  I am looking to sell these. I had intended to build an allwave 23 from the bottom up so to speak, but I have too many unfinished projects. I don't know if there is the ability to send personal messages here, If you are interested, send me your email address

thanks

bruce

Hi Thomas, the amplifier is gone. I have both of the speakers. As you have seen in the pictures, they will need a recone. Price for both is $55.00 shipping is extra. thanks, bruce 715 207 0545 central time zone

Thomas Day said:

Bruce: do you still have the power supply and speaker?  Let me know how much you want. Don’t need tubes, I have those.  

Thomas Day said:

Bruce. My email is thom@dayscott.com or thomday6700@comcast.net. Let me know how much. 

Thomas Day said:

bruce edward said:

hi Thomas, I have a scott allwave 23 speaker(needs recone) and a scott allwave 23 amplifier chassis.  I am looking to sell these. I had intended to build an allwave 23 from the bottom up so to speak, but I have too many unfinished projects. I don't know if there is the ability to send personal messages here, If you are interested, send me your email address

thanks

bruce

Thanks Bruce. I was really interested in the amp power supply. I built a custom supply for my 2nd Allwave 23, but am looking for a correct supply. Condition doesn’t matter as long as power transformer and chokes are good. 
Thanks. Thom. 
bruce edward said:

Hi Thomas, the amplifier is gone. I have both of the speakers. As you have seen in the pictures, they will need a recone. Price for both is $55.00 shipping is extra. thanks, bruce 715 207 0545 central time zone

Thomas Day said:

Thomas Day said:

Thomas Day said:

bruce edward said:

thanks

bruce

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service