EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

I have a Scott 800 that I purchased sometime ago from the original owner.  I would like to have it repaired or sell the complete unit As is.  It is in excellent cosmetic condition, but probably has not functioned in many years.  The amp has been recapped and I believe it works but  the tuner is of unknown status. Please ask if you would like more details. 

Views: 1637

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It would be helpful to know where you are located so we can help you find someone nearby.  The chassis and speaker for the 800B are rather heavy and costly to ship for restoration.  Does this 800B have a remote keyboard with it (rare accessory)?  Record scratch suppressor (separate box usually mounted in or near the phonograph compartment?  Original phonograph (Garrard RC-60 or Thorens CD-40)?  Can you post a photo of the console so we can identify the cabinet model for you?

Norman

Thanks for the reply.  I will shoot some pictures of it but in
 the meantime,  it is a #18 Chippendale cabinet.  Unfortunately it
does not have the remote control .  It was fitted at sometime with a
 single play turntable and was connected to a altec Lansing voice of
the theater speaker when I received it, so at some point it was
converted from the original field coil speaker to a PM.  It does have
Some sort of device inside of the turntable section. I assumed it to be a preamplifier .  I will get you some pictures.
F

Norman S Braithwaite said:

It would be helpful to know where you are located so we can help you find someone nearby.  The chassis and speaker for the 800B are rather heavy and costly to ship for restoration.  Does this 800B have a remote keyboard with it (rare accessory)?  Record scratch suppressor (separate box usually mounted in or near the phonograph compartment?  Original phonograph (Garrard RC-60 or Thorens CD-40)?  Can you post a photo of the console so we can identify the cabinet model for you?

Norman

The turntable is a Rekokut.

Norman S Braithwaite said:

Norman

Norman,

Sorry I forgot to tell you that I am in Chattanooga,TN.

Hi Jeff im up here in Nashville i have 3 Scotts but not a 800b.Post some photos of it.They sound nice have heard them befor.You have a cabinet for it? Angelo 

Angelo,

Yes I have the cabinet for the Scott. It is a #18 Chippendale. The entire system is in good cosmetic condition and my plan was to restore the electronics but they friend my mine that helped me with the electronic portion sadly passed away and I am without a way to complete that portion.  I would rather it go to someone that would enjoy it and has the ability or connections to complete it.  Please feel free to call me at 615-478-0019.

Jeff

For all that are interested, here are some photos of my Scott 800B, which I now believe to be a 800 B6.

Attachments:

Here are some additional photos.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service