EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

Hello all  I just got an 800 B Scott everything works good except the FM  Very weak  Like just a whisper. think the problem is just before the 6H6 diode. when that tube is removed, I get a farly loud pop  when I remove the 6SJ7 before it  hardly a pop. Does anybody know if this model was prone to any problems in this area? Thanks in advance.  Norman

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Norman, I just restored an 800B and I found a few out-of-tolerance resistors on the IF strip on the power supply chassis. I replaced the "bathtub" capacitors as well. My FM is very strong now. I do find that in my locale, I need to orient my dipole antenna very carefully to avoid FM distortion. Also, that 6H6 discriminator circuit requires a very careful alignment to avoid distortion. Keith Lowe at this site also restored an 800B at the same time. Look for his comments/messages - he experienced very similar problems as well.  Tom

thank you for the info.Norman

Tom Jardine said:

Norman, I just restored an 800B and I found a few out-of-tolerance resistors on the IF strip on the power supply chassis. I replaced the "bathtub" capacitors as well. My FM is very strong now. I do find that in my locale, I need to orient my dipole antenna very carefully to avoid FM distortion. Also, that 6H6 discriminator circuit requires a very careful alignment to avoid distortion. Keith Lowe at this site also restored an 800B at the same time. Look for his comments/messages - he experienced very similar problems as well.  Tom

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service