EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

Cant seem to find the post of the tone control modification for a 800 B Scott. Can anybody lead me to it? Thanks  Norman 

Views: 595

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for your inquiry.  It is in my album featuring the art cabinet 800B.  Unfortunately, this site will no longer allow me to cut and paste the URL.  It tries to paste the entire page.

Norman

thank you Norman, Nice first name!!

Even better... My middle name is Scott!

great

Hi Just asking On the 800B on the AM section although all voltages check ok, all tubes check ok replaced all "American Condenser Co. bathtub caps, and all resistors aew within spec. am especially the short wave lacks sensitivity. Do you know og this model having coil problems? I even changed the 220 PFD caps inside the IF cans with no help. thank you for any ideas you might have. Norman

Is the antenna switch set correctly for the antenna being used (long wire or loop)?

yes sir, it is.

Norman S Braithwaite said:

Is the antenna switch set correctly for the antenna being used (long wire or loop)?

Good.  That elimates the most common source of the low AM sensitivity complaint.  Has the IF been peak aligned with the bandswitch in the narrow position?

Yes sir it has.

Do you have continuity between the AM antenna and ground terminals when switched to broadcast band and shortwave?

No,  Infinate resistance between ground and either antenna termanl with antenna switch in the longwire NOT loop position and set on brodcast bands NOT FM bands set picks up stations but not as sensitive as a super radio should be.  Thanks for your patience with me and this. Norman

Ok, I should have been more specific. If operating from a long wire antenna, a link should be in place between the ground terminal and the adjacent antenna terminal. If that link is not in place the set will not be sensitive. I was trying to determine if the antenna coils are good. It is not unusual to find 800B sets that have bad antenna coils due to lightning, antenna shorts to mains, and even plugged in to the AC power line by people who did not recognize a antenna & ground wire plug from an AC line plug. If the link is in place and the set is not sensitive, check continuity between the two AM antenna terminals.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service