EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

Cant seem to find the post of the tone control modification for a 800 B Scott. Can anybody lead me to it? Thanks  Norman 

Views: 595

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the link helped it some,with the link in place should i get continuity between the other antenna termnal and ground? Thank you  Norman

Yes, you should get very low resistance when switched to shortwave (less than one ohm) and somewhere between a couple and 20-ohms when switched to broadcast (depending on wire size and length used in antenna coil).

Again thank you for the help the resitance between the antenna termanl and ground with the link connected is .5 ohms  on shortwave and 14 ohms on brodcast. again thanks for all your help. Norman

OK, the easy to find causes are not the problem. Do you get much action from the tuning eye when tuning across a strong broadcast station?

Yes a strong station will almost close the eye(95%)

The tuning eye responds to the signal at the second detector.  Given the tuning eye response, the problem is most likely after the second detector.  Check the operation and clean the contacts on the AM-FM relay.

Cleaned with de-oxit  will check audio stages when I get back home will be gone for 10 days. again thanks for all your help on this. Norman

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service