EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

I noticed that on my early 800B model, the volume control rear cover has a large opening in it. The internal rotating part and shaft can be easily seen. In comparing it to the treble and bass controls I see that the treble and bass controls have a thin metal cover that is soldered in place over the back of the control. It appears that the outer case of all these controls had the same opening in the back cover, but only the treble and bass controls received the thin metal covers.

There was an option for a wired remote control, one version of which had adjustable volume using a drive motor. Has anyone looked at the construction of this type unit volume control to see how the drive motor was actually attached? It would be interesting to learn what sort of mechanical connection was made to the rotating shaft and element of the volume control.

Joe

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

800B remote operated volume control...

Attachments:

Norman,

curious if pre-war remote control Scotts  used the same motor as 800B remote control radio for volume.

Norman S Braithwaite said:

800B remote operated volume control...

Looks like the motor & control face the rear of the chassis, while the long shaft would come out the front of the radio for manual control of the volume.

Joe

I had found some reversible 24VAC motors with gear trains at www.multiproducts.com and am checking some possibilities in their product line.

Joe

David C. Poland said:

Norman,

curious if pre-war remote control Scotts  used the same motor as 800B remote control radio for volume.

Dave:

The earliest of the 800B sets may have used the same motor and gear set as the pre-war models but almost all 800B sets used the same motor with a finer tooth gear set.

Norman

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service