EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

Do any of our members have one of the E H Scott 6T11 Projection TV units perhaps in a console along with an 800B or a Metropolitan 16A? The screen appears to be about the same size as the projection TV screen used in the RCA Berkshire units. That would be a choice item to have along with either radio chassis.

Joe

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a tabletop version of the 6T11, and I have an 800B in a large cabinet with the 17 in direct view TV (ok, that set is a beast). I have seen only one 800B/6T11 combo, but I'll bet there are a few out there.

BTW...for those interested: if you are will to come to central Ohio to get it, I will give someone the 800B with the direct view Scott TV. Just throwin' that out there.

Kent

Kent;

Is the 6T11 operational? My friend who owns a Berkshire with projection TV in it has his working. It has a rather sharp picture for a set of the era. He now has to use a digital to analog converter to see a picture on channel 3 or 4. He does the same with his RCA CT-200 color TV. Restoration or maintenance of vintage TV sets is difficult now due to fewer vital parts such as HV transformers.

Joe

Joe -

A few years ago I was working on the 6T11 and I had audio and was having trouble getting the vertical to sync. Never did solve the problem, gave up after awhile. I suppose I should try again one of these days, but that set is a monster too...

Kent

Kent;

Were there any problems with vertical non-linearity? If so that could contribute to poor vertical sync. All analog sets were also sensitive to the AGC setting. If it is too high it can cause loss of sync. Also look at all the high value resistors in the sync circuits and within the vertical oscillator and output circuit. If those are OK, the problems can often be traced to leaky or changed value capacitors including any electrolytics in the output stage (usually cathode of output). Look for any plate load resistors that may have been cooked and gone down in value over time. Carbon resistors often do that.

Many of the old sets had sync separator circuits and caps and resistors around that circuit are also suspect.

Some sets used an audio output tube as a B+ dropping resistor for the video IF circuits and if they get weak it can cause poor sync in vertical or horizontal circuits and poor contrast in the picture. Scott may not have used an audio output tube for the TV if it was intended to use the audio output circuitry of a companion set such as the 800B or Metropolitan 16A.

Joe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service