EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

I just got into this fascinating hobby.  Just redid a couple of radios I grew up with - a Majestic 1941, and Philco Model14 - 1933, chassis only. Now working on a Philco 96, 1930.  I decided I needed a real radio and found a Scott 16 in an Acousticraft cabinet.  It's not in the greatest shape as there is a fair amount of chrome damage and it is missing a few parts.  The receiver, power supply and speaker are intact and fairly unmolested, but I need knobs, the large dial pointer and a replacement plastic dial cover.  Are there reproductions of these parts?  Or, in particular, does anyone have a pointer they might want to sell?  I guess I can live with non original knobs and I think I could vacuum form a new dial cover.  I couldn't find anything at Radio Daze.

This project will be on the back burner for awhile, especially as I research dealing with the rust areas in the chrome.  Not sure I want to completely strip the chassis and have it re-plated.  I guess it depends on what it's value might be completely restored.

I've done a little research on the 16 in the forum's archives.  I'm not really sure of what I've got. I don't know how popular the 16 was or how it performed compared to the other Scott models.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Views: 1749

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks David.  I've tried the 6K7's in every possible combination. Not much change in the hum level.  I've got some NOS 6k7's coming soon and hope that I can find a quiet one for the 1st AF.  I may see if I can get a  couple of NOS Sylvania's as they, perhaps, have what Scott wanted in a filament.  The RCA 6J5 I bought for this set has a spiral filament.  Maybe their 6K7's do too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service