EH Scott Radio Enthusiasts

The Fine Things are Always Hand Made

As most of you know, I've been gathering and analyzing Scott serial numbers for over 20 years. I have a couple requests....first, if you haven't sent me your serial numbers, please do. Also...if any of you have a confirmed date for a set/serial number, please send me that. There is a warranty tag on ebay at the moment, these are great, since they have the date and serial number on them. A letter with a date is also good confirmation. I would greatly appreciate any info you fellows can provide. I'll post more about serial numbers here in the future.

Kent

Views: 15391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ted - Thanks....I had that one in my list already....probably a previous owner or even way back in the 1970s when JWF Puett was gathering numbers....hard to say when it made the list. Always want to get them, I never know when I'll get new ones or ones that extend ranges....
Kent got a AllWave 12 Deluxe serial P-234 in a Warwick Grande cabinet.Phots of my 3 scotts are up on this site..Angelo : )
I have a Phantom in my car trunk. Serial # PP-54. In my shop I have two Laureates, a Phantom Deluxe, two AW 12 Deluxes, and another AW 15. If I get to feeling better, I'll go to the shop this weekend, write down the serial numbers, and send them to you...
Ted -

Thanks, I didn't have that Phantom number. No hurry on the other numbers, I will be happy to get them anytime you get a chance. I really appreciate the effort to collect them...

Kent
Hello Kent,
I just acquired a 1938 30 tube Philhamonic pointer dial with 8 knobs plus the tuning pair. s/n AA200.
The power supply/amp is like the one on page 101 in Marvin Hobbs book showing a FM-AM Philly.
Appears to be a bit more power with this one. Should be able to drive a 15" and a pair of 5" tweeters.
I guess about 350 of these were built with appanent variations.
You got another s/n now. Jim.
Jim -

Thanks for the number. I already had record of AA-200....I do not keep track of who sent me numbers, but I have apparently had that serial number before. I'm curious about where you got the 350 sets number...based on serial number analysis, Scott built about 3000 Philharmonic sets of all variations from 1937 to 1941. The Philharmonic is the 3rd biggest production, behind the Allwave 12 and the Allwave High Fidelity (23 tube).

If the set is missing the speakers, they will be difficult to find. Keep an eye on ebay for speakers, they do turn up there occasionally. If you need any other info, let me know, I have an extensive library to draw on for technical info, etc.

Kent

James Cherry said:
Hello Kent,
I just acquired a 1938 30 tube Philhamonic pointer dial with 8 knobs plus the tuning pair. s/n AA200.
The power supply/amp is like the one on page 101 in Marvin Hobbs book showing a FM-AM Philly.
Appears to be a bit more power with this one. Should be able to drive a 15" and a pair of 5" tweeters.

Kent King said:
Jim -

Thanks for the number. I already had record of AA-200....I do not keep track of who sent me numbers, but I have apparently had that serial number before. I'm curious about where you got the 350 sets number...based on serial number analysis, Scott built about 3000 Philharmonic sets of all variations from 1937 to 1941. The Philharmonic is the 3rd biggest production, behind the Allwave 12 and the Allwave High Fidelity (23 tube).

If the set is missing the speakers, they will be difficult to find. Keep an eye on ebay for speakers, they do turn up there occasionally. If you need any other info, let me know, I have an extensive library to draw on for technical info, etc.

Kent

James Cherry said:
Hello Kent,

James Cherry said:

Kent King said:
Jim -

Kent

James Cherry said:
Hello Kent,
My Phantom Deluxe FM's serial number: EE 426
Thanks...that is a new number for the list. I appreciate all the input from everyone!

Kent

John Stanley Neuman said:
My Phantom Deluxe FM's serial number: EE 426
Hi Kent;

The serial number on my Super XII is TT-165. Unfortunately I do not have the original purchase date of the set, but I do have a service receipt dated 2/17/40.

Hope this helps. John
I have 3 Sixteens: 1) HH 13. 2) CC 173, in Acousticraft cabinet. 3) GG 153, stored in its original Scott boxes, Shipped by rail 12-20-37 to Mrs. Charles D. MacDonald, Bradford VT.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Kent King.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service